Explore Nice’s heritage on holiday
Discover the cultural treasures of the beautiful city of Nice, just steps away from the promenades.
‘Nissa la Bella’ (Nice the Beautiful) and ‘capital of the Riviera’ are two of the nicknames by which Nice is known. Take a guided tour and find out more… Summer is here in all its glory. What better time to visit the south of France and enjoy the seashore? But that doesn’t mean you have to forego cultural pleasures. You can also discover Nice’s cultural heritage during a summer holiday in the city.
A history-filled stay in Nice
In summer, the Heritage Centre in Nice organises tours to two of the city’s emblematic attractions: the Promenade des Anglais and the Mont Alban Fort.
Discover a different aspect of the Promenade des Anglais every day of the week:
- On Mondays,“Nice and its Bel Canto Temple”. Let yourself be told about the opera’s lyrical splendour and the city’s unique architecture. Sets off from the Heritage Centre at 10 am.
- On Tuesdays, “Nice, source of inspiration”. Take a trip back in time to discover the history of this land of attraction since the 18th century. Sets off from the HeritageCentre – The Senate.
- On Wednesdays, “Nice, from Palazzo Reale to the prefectoral residence”. Step into the heart of power by treading the steps of this historic palace, which became the “Préfecture des Alpes-Maritimes” in 1860. Meeting point at the entrance to the Palais de la Préfecture at 10 am.
- On Thursdays, “Nice, an Italian heritage”. Soak up Italian culture and architecture for a day. Meeting point at Garibaldi Square, in front of the Garibaldi statue at 10 am.
- On Fridays, “Nice, the time of the baroque”. Discover the baroque face of Old Nice. Sets off from Heritage Centre – The Senate at 10am.
Hotel in Nice on the Promenade des Anglais
The Promenade des Anglais is as appreciated in summer as it is in winter, and the only thing missing is you. Stay with us on the Promenade des Anglais and let the sound of the waves lull you to sleep during your holiday in Nice.
Take advantage of this prime location to wander around the city at will or simply to admire the magnificent view over the Mediterranean.
You can be sure of a pleasant stay at Le Royal, whether you are here with your family or with a group of friends!
For help in making the most of your holiday in Nice, contact the Heritage Centre:
+33 (0)4 92 00 41 90
* The Heritage Centre is located at 1 place Pierre Gautier.